Frequently Asked Questions
When is an Elevated Pressure Request required?
Any time you’re requesting a delivery pressure of 2 psi or greater, then you’ll need to submit an elevated pressure request. If you need to increase your natural gas load or receive elevated pressure at your site, please contact our Customer Contact Center at 800-794-4780 (between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CT) and we’ll be happy to help you.
What are the distance and gas meter clearance requirements?
Our goal is to give you the details you need so your natural gas meter can be installed without issues or delays. Here's a reference guide that outlines the natural gas meter setting requirements. If you have any questions, please contact 800-794-4780 and we'll be happy to help you.
How do I request natural gas at my site?
Step 1: Ready Your Construction Site
Before we can install a service line, the following items must be completed:
- Pipe out must be installed and clearly marked
- Area must be clear of obstructions, including bricks, dirt, scaffolding, etc.
- Lot must be at final grade
- Address must be clearly visible in front of the home or business
Step 2: Request A Service Line
To request a service line, please contact our Customer Contact Center at 800-794-4780 (between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CT) and we’ll be happy to help you.
Step 3: Prepare for a Natural Gas Meter Turn On
We can turn on your natural gas meter once the following requirements are met:
- Natural gas main and service lines are installed and available at the property
- The correct minimum control rated isolation valves and regulators are installed on the customer side
- If we have provided a meter manifold design, customer components, such as the plug valve and bypass, must be installed by the customer (commercial customers only)
- Multi-metered manifolds are tagged and clearly marked with correct service address and unit number (commercial customers only)
- Any required inspections, as described under “Natural Gas Plumbing,” have been completed and a notification is on record with us.
Step 4: Request a Meter Turn On
When you're ready for us to turn your natural gas service on, call 800-794-4780 (between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CT).