Step 1: Ready Your Construction Site
Before we can install a service line, the following items must be completed:
- Pipe out must be installed and clearly marked
- Area must be clear of obstructions, including bricks, dirt, scaffolding, etc.
- Lot must be at final grade
- Address must be clearly visible in front of the home or business
Step 2: Request A Service Line
To request a service line, please contact our Customer Contact Center at 800-794-4780 (between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CT) and we’ll be happy to help you.
Step 3: Prepare for a Natural Gas Meter Turn On
We can turn on your natural gas meter once the following requirements are met:
- Natural gas main and service lines are installed and available at the property
- The correct minimum control rated isolation valves and regulators are installed on the customer side
- If we have provided a meter manifold design, customer components, such as the plug valve and bypass, must be installed by the customer (commercial customers only)
- Multi-metered manifolds are tagged and clearly marked with correct service address and unit number (commercial customers only)
- Any required inspections, as described under “Natural Gas Plumbing,” have been completed and a notification is on record with us.
Step 4: Request a Meter Turn On
When you're ready for us to turn your natural gas service on, call 800-794-4780 (between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CT).