Low Income Energy Assistance Program
UPDATE: Department for Children and Families announced the agency is adding a second opportunity for Kansans to apply for the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP). The new application period begins May 1 and runs through May 29.
- Calling 1-800-432-0043
- Visiting the Kansas Department for Children and Families website here
- Reviewing commonly asked questions about the LIEAP program here
In order to qualify, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- An adult living at the address must be personally responsible for paying the heating costs incurred at the current residence, payable either to the landlord or the fuel vendor.
- Applicants must demonstrate a recent history of payments toward purchase of the primary heating energy.
The combined gross income (before deductions) of all persons living at the address may not exceed 130% of the federal poverty level according to the guidelines listed below:
2020 Income Eligibility Guidelines
| Person Living
at the Address
|+1 -- $479.00 for each additional person|
Benefit levels vary according to the following factors:
- Household income
- Number of persons living at the address
- Type of dwelling
- Type of heating fuel
You can submit an online application at the Kansas Department for Children and Families website at https://cssp.kees.ks.gov/apspssp/sspNonMed.portal.